Print links of the week! (CW 35)
These are the links we consider worth your attentention. It is our weekly harvest in all matters printing.
This is actually our first list. If you have a link for the list in the future, let us know on Twitter. It does not need to be brand new, but relevant to the printing industry.
- Jim Chisholm elaborates on the future of the media industry and starts with this observation: There are no case studies about the future. His long and well written article made some waves!
- Zac Butcher titles Business Ink Success Is Not Guaranteed on the InfoTrends blog and shares results from their business ink research of recent years.
- Lynne Marek reports from the last printer on Printers Row in Chicago: Printing industry survivors must eat their own. While the story sounds sadly familiar local articulations of (and solutionts to) the crisis in printing are important.
- Jennifer Matt published 3 Critical Factors for Web-to-Print Sales & Marketing Success on the WhatTheyThink’s Print Software special interest area (BTW: Not too many writers cover that!)
- Heidi Tolliver-Walker discusses the use of QR codes at thedigitalnirvana: Great QR Code Use for the Haters. She provides an interesting use case - even for the haters!
drupa on Twitter gave us another local articulation of the crisis and a smart solution:
A Japanese #newspaper printed a different article every day on the packaging of water to get young people to read it: http://t.co/Q8u6VcDTXT— drupa (@drupa) August 29, 2014