Print links of the week! (CW 36)
These are the links we consider worth your attentention. It is our weekly harvest in all matters printing.
If you have a link for the list in the future, let us know on Twitter. It does not need to be brand new, but relevant to the printing industry.
- Jennifer Matt shared not one but two articles this week: One on print software and CRM system in particular as shelfware and the other on Print Software as a Tool (like a Hammer). Both generated some discussion in the respective comment sections.
- Caroline McCormack writes about: How do you save money on your print. She offers five solutions.
- Jessica Meek predicts that Managed Print Service Providers Set to Grow. She reports that Large firms of 500+ employees adopt managed print at more than twice the rate of small companies.
- See drupa forthcoming report on the impact of the internet on print. The full report will be available by mid-October in English. The Executive Summary will be available in seven more languages around the same time.
- In Germany (English article) smart business cards cum QR code which can be folded into a USB drive were making some waves. See Bernd Zipper from beyonprint.de for example.
- The BBC reports on a new robotic printer that can move around an office to bring documents to the person who printed them. We are not really convinced since we strongly adhere to the 10.000 steps a day rule. We rather prefer walking to the printer instead of a printer sneaking up upon us!